The Maldives (The Sunny Side of Life)
Is an Island of Nation or group of coral islands located north of the equator in Indian Ocean, composed of 26 strings of Atolls. The smallest Asian Country in terms of population and Land area with 99% Water and 1% Land. It is one of the most unique nations in the world and with its "One Island, One Resort" concept, Maldives is one of the must visit place for all occasion.
Where is Maldives?
- A South East Asian country formed by a double chain of twenty-six atolls
- Chain of 1,190 little coral islands scattered across the Indian Ocean.
- Maldives encompass a territory spread over roughly 90,000 sqm.
- Stretching 860 km from latitude 7° 6"N to 0° 41"S.
- This chain of islands is an archipelago located among the Lakshadweep-Maldives-Chagos Group, which are the tops of a vast undersea mountain range in the Indian Ocean and the Arabian Sea
- Lying between 72° 32" and 73° 45"E.
- North of the Equator in the Indian Ocean.
- Oriented North-South off India's Lakshadweep islands, between Minicoy Island and Chagos Archipelago.
- Stands Laccadive Sea about 435 Miles South-West of Sri Lanka.
- 250 Miles South-West of India.
- Composed of Twenty-six-strings Atolls.
- A chain of 1,190 coral islands disseminated across the Indian Ocean that forms The Maldives archipelago.
- Tropical Country, Home of 1,350 different species of coral and fish.
- Male - Capital City of Maldives
- 2 International Airports : Ibrahim Nasir International Airport formerly Male International Airport (MLE), Gan International Airport (GAN).
- 270,000 populations of people.
- Tourism is the largest economic industry, followed by Fishing Industry.
- One of the most luxurious holiday destinations. Concept: (One Island, One Resort)
- Famous for its beautiful white sand beaches and extraordinary underwater scenery.
- Maldives is composed of 99% Ocean and 1% Land.
- Average rainfall is below 2mm per annum.
- Local currency is Rufiyaa (MVR). 1 USD = MVR15.30 approximately.
- All Major currencies are widely accepted in the Maldives. Credit cards are also accepted; American Express, Visa, Master Card, Diners Club, JCB, and Euro Card.
- Means of transportation : Speedboats, Dhoni, Domestic Flights, Seaplanes.